Monday, October 02, 2006

Why...?

I am sure a million philanthropists and "good" souls have asked this question a million more times already... I'm no saint or philanthropist... but...

I saw this person today, who's just had an accident... and happened to interact with her on the basis of a completely professional relationship... she's got to do the same amount of work that I do -or probably more - carrying those crutches around...

Misery shouldn't exist... there's really such beauty in the world... such good work to be done... and human beings shouldn't be bloody crippled by ANYTHING under the sun... most of us get caught in stupid emotional quandaries and feel crushed...look, just LOOK at these people before we write our sobstories on our blogspots and on our orkut profiles...

On the other side... I found myself brimming with sympathy... I wanted to do everything possible to make this person-a complete stranger - feel better without seeming sympathetic... and in this country you DARE not act concerned... but... well, I did what I could, within my purview to help her out with some recruitments et al...

Decided to write this out here... for fear of getting bogged down by the episode... and to avoid sending in a sad mail to any of my usual target inboxes...

Feels better now... hope my good friend recovers soon. Amen :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home