Saturday, December 01, 2007

Whoozit?

Good morning folks!

I am…well, let’s leave that for the end…for you guys out there to guess.

I’m going to walk you through an endless journey, through space and time, treating you to spectacular sights and sounds, if you promise to stay by my side all the time and also, keep looking at me all the time –be wary though, I’m known to be whimsical and rough at times, rich and magnificent at others and on the other side of the triangle, mysteriously strange- all depending on my immediate surroundings…

Let’s start our journey- oh wait, my daughter nicknamed ‘Banana’ is going to meet us briefly and lead us to places ‘out of this world’. Come on!

What the hell was that stroke of brilliance, darling? Gosh! That was so quick and breathtaking!

“Mommy, that’s the thing these people send up into the sky… look at all those people watching it too…in bated breath and excitement… wow!”

Oh yes, isn’t it amazing? I promise- if this shooting star goes up OK –which I hope it will, sending celestial kudos to the world’s team and to the spirit of human endeavor, I’ll do my humble mite by picking up any fragments of fire or debris that may come back here… hopefully, that’ll make a lot of things easier for these hardworking and entrepreneurial people I see here.

“Come on, mother, let’s go visit my brother across the shore. Won’t he be delighted to show us around all those orange groves he owns? Maybe your friend here would love some hot cocoa at one of the mom ’n’ pop shops and barns out there.”

Are you ready? It’s going to be hard for me though, squeezing in through these small roads, sharing my daughter’s world during the time, but I love the green and enjoy watching people living happy and contented lives, in synchrony with Lady Nature… little ducks swimming in the lakes in every backyard. They try to visit me too at times, but the billed creatures hardly make it past my fence, sigh! The trees laden with oranges and a feeling of serenity that mellows down even the craziest of bald eagles and the hungriest of the spiky alligators in the vicinity.

Hope you enjoyed the verdant meadows, buddy. It’s time to go back now, for much as I love the countryside, my blue blood runs fast and of course, “I need my space”. We’ve a long path to tread and dusk’s already set in. Darn… wait… why do I feel a vague churning sensation in my stomach? Lord of the world… what’s going on? I’m doomed, hell! Do I see crystal ‘n’ watery eyes of the devil through this fast growing sheet of grey?

Well, this is a shade of me you don’t want to see, my friend. I’ll let you go away for a while now… damn you, why are you insisting on staying back here and fighting the demons with me? You’ve no clue what you’re in for…
Darn, I can hardly speak a word as my aprons are swept down mercilessly by the Master… Lord, why do you test my resolve to stay tranquil and do only good to people? Why can’t I disown my grey spot –the forbidden waters?


You foolish mortal, you’ve no clue who you’ve befriended…ha, come sleep in my wicked arms, swim the electrifying currents with me… and all you’ll do is find yourself in an abyss of the deadliest of the deadliest species. Come, honey, I’m waiting to shroud you in me to your beautiful world of doom, to your heavenly limbo…

Poison, hell, whirlwinds of terror and vortex pools of venom…and if we keep going south, none is even going to see a trace of your remains!

Come on over, let me have the pleasure of taking you in me… to your end ….the very end…

(A golden flash of lightning, an overpowering command)

“You’ve plunged the worlds into darkness, you idiot…people have died in millions due to your deeds in your werewolf garb. Get over it now or you’ll extinguish everything… including your own home. Spare your friend who trusts you, for heavens’ sake!”

Wha… no I didn’t… What have I done? What had happened to me? No, I did nothing… but hell, I see through my livid eyes now turning moist that they’re all gone… all my companions… all the trees… what did I do? My friend, are you still here? Did I harm you too? Answer me please… oh please talk to me.

Wake up, o beautiful ones…please, I didn’t mean to hurt you…I loved you so…didn’t I myself nourish you all I could? Can’t you see me crying my heart and soul away… wake up, o innocent ones, in these showers I now try to bring..

God, they say you listen to those who seek forgiveness from the bottom of their hearts. I admit to my recklessness but don’t make my dear friends pay for it… pardon me and let these very waters become ambrosia and revive all these wonderful creations of yours… we’ll all make a new beginning together- greener, fresher and merrier than ever.

Come, my friend, the worst is over. Fear me not (at least for a while now!). Let’s go, maybe for a specialty cruise, dance to some groovy tunes and grab some lobsters and drink, to good times!

Meet my friends, Largo and Biscayne. They can never been in one place, forever in and out of the party… God knows why! It seems like we are the only ones that are here all the time. Hey, real quick, let’s slip out for a moment and head southeast…for it’s going to be dawn soon and I want to show you something special. Obviously, I trust you to keep my secret…ready, bud? Let’s blindfold you for a bit now.

Allow me to introduce you to my real master… the greatest and the brightest… at his closest best to me… and witness the sight, my friend, of our wedding –the grandest and the most colorful one in this world and the next- and we remarry every day, not ‘cause we are apart, but because it’s a new beginning each time we do and a brand new dawn for all of the world –and all of life!

Watch the crimson streaks pervade my turquoise self and the play of colors he slowly but steadily creates in a coy me… doesn’t it reflect in all those creatures we create and nurture?

Welcome to my world, my dear friend. You’ve stood by me all the while as you promised- I owe you a lifetime’s loyalty and please accept my token of appreciation and love, buddy – a special chest full of the brightest corals and the most precious gems that you wish for…

I’ll always be by your side, watching you and if there’s anything at all you could have learned from your tryst with me, remember: there are two parts of you –the magnanimous and beautiful part and the other, that thrives in destruction and remorse… most of the time, it is a choice you can exercise, but when it isn’t, stick to yourself. Be yourself as you are, but always listen to the Master and pray…and you shall be set free!

-A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home